I just found out about a great webcast which will be taking place on June 24th.
The OU (Orthodox Union), a Jewish organization, is sponsoring a free webcast focusing on how to deal with the mortgage crisis, whether you are looking to get a mortgage, or your house is being threatened with foreclosure. Tune in on June 24th from 6pm – 8pm EDST. Don’t forget to sign up first.
They will be addressing numerous issues including:
- Foreclosure/mortgage issues such as the sub prime crisis and what it means,
- How the crisis was born,
- Modifications which are being made to loans as a result of the crisis,
- Tips on dealing with foreclosure litigation,
- Picking banks vs mortgage brokers – how-to,
- Your credit rating and foreclosure, and
- What can be done with a “re-set” mortgage rate.
The panel of presenters will include a variety of opinions. Including that of a Bank Loan Officer, a Mortgage Planner and an Attorney.
In order to “attend” the webcast you do need to sign up for a mailing list – but you can always cancel later. Check it out, I know I will. I also just saw that without joining you can also watch old webcasts, although those are more job-search/career related. If you miss the webcast live it might just make sense to check out the site after the 25th to watch/listen.
Props to the OU for having such helpful webcasts free to the public!